Monday, December 03, 2007

Knitting Hats like a Crazy Person! Big Crochet Project(s?) on the Horizon...

Okay, so I am knitting the hats for the whole bass section of Josh's orchestra. On his dime...I'm about 2/3 of the way through one. I will post pics when I can. He even took "orders" for colors...knitting round and round and round for the next week!


As for the new project, I've been trying to find an afghan Naomi likes forever. I was cruising Ravelry, and saw the Babette Blanket, check out pics on Flickr here, and a gorgeous Hexagon afghan, pics here. She's rejected everything I've shown her so far, so I didn't think she'd like them, but I did, and wanted to make one for myself. She LOVES the Babette. Her room is in aqua, teal and other cool colors, so I'm thinking that's what I'll do, then she saw this. So I'm doing one in warm colors like these. She'll have the afghan longer than the room, so I'm good with that. It is gorgeous. Oh, and of course, me, who LOVES (dripping with sarcasm, btw) finishing, will be making this in 2008. I ordered the back issue of Interweave Crochet, so I could get the pattern. (IW Crochet, Spring 2006) And I still want to make one for myself (similar to this colorway...and Josh (who already has an afghan, btw) wants one (he likes this). Maybe I'll get him one before he goes off to college. Oh, and Ron digs the hex...link above. Funny I'm in a knitting obsession, and here come some enormous crochet projects....will my "waiting room socks" ever get done??? Will any of my socks ever get done????


I know the furbabies will love all this "afghaning," lots of yummy warm yarn to sleep on!


Only 4 days left to vote on the "What's in Your Pot?" poll!


No comments: