Monday, December 31, 2007

Bye-bye '07, Hello '08! One Project done, a new one cast on!

Well, a Happy New Year to any and all who may read this!
My completed project, as of last night, December 30, 2007, the "Waiting Room Socks." Here they are, in all their glory:

A bottom view: Between "Second Sock Syndrome," the holidays and the Bass Section hats for Chicago, I was beginning to think they'd never get done. But done they are.

And now, for my next cast on...Michael's sent out a mailer for their current sale, 30% of all yarn!! And a 50% coupon good for one regular priced item...so I bought Mason Dixon Knitting (yay!) and enough yarn to knit up a Log Cabin Moderne! I bought this yarn:








It's brand new to my Michael's (at least around here) and to me. I liked the way it felt in the skein, a little more weight and body than Simply Soft, and quite a bit softer than Red Heart. I was thinking Vanna's Choice, as I've heard some good things, but I preferred these colors. Of course if I had the budget, I'd have gone nuts at Tempe Yarn and Fiber, but that's just not in the cards right now. Hopefully it will wash well!! I'm going to swatch it up today (if I ever get off this computer) and decide on a needle size.

I'm hoping to get several projects done this coming year. I'd like to complete the Log Cabin, and an afghan for Naomi (the Babette Blanket, as mentioned in earlier posts.) Also I would love to do a pair of socks every (other???) month, and complete the projects to the right. Beyond that, I have a HUGE Ravelry queue, and would like to try to do a project or 3 from there:) Maybe begin my first sweater???

The kitties are looking forward to being spoiled for another year, and I think Frosty has a future in computers, or at least computer decor:


By the way, notice he's on Ravelry!!!

Well, Happy New Year, once again!

No comments: