Thursday, January 03, 2008

Progress on my Log Cabin, Recipe stuff for the MDK contest;)

So, 3 days into the new year, here's my progress on my Log Cabin Moderne:

Though I've added some rows since I took this. I'm enjoying the simple nature of the project, perfect for knitting while DH Ron watches endless college bowl games!

The gals at the Mason Dixon Knitting blog (link at right) are holding a little show us your recipe box contest. Though I don't have a box, I have a binder (that was supposed to organize my endless papers, cards, cut-outs). Here it is:

























Frosty shows the lovely, well organized nature of my binder!

And here is the recipe of choice, which I scribbled on the back of the words to a hymn at a Christmas women's brunch at a church probably 5 or 6 years ago. The recipe is now a New Year's morning tradition for our family. We eat it and watch the Rose Parade on HGTV. A Pasadena native, I have to watch the parade, even though I am now an Arizona resident.


Caramel Rolls

18 frozen Rhodes white dinner rolls (1/2 the package)

1/2 Cup butter (one stick)

1/2 Cup packed brown sugar

1/2 box Jello brand butterscotch cook and serve pudding (NOT instant!)

pecan halves

Grease bundt pan, put in rolls. Melt brown sugar and butter together. Sprinkle the pudding powder over the rolls. Pour melted sugar/butter mixtures over. Sprinkle with pecan halves. Cover with waxed paper and let sit overnight to rise. In the morning, heat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 1/2 hour. The rolls will get pretty dark, that's okay. Remove from oven, don't let stand more than 1-2 minutes, invert onto large plate and serve warm.

Here's photos of the recipe, and the other side. Yes, the binder came with cards that fit neatly into the nice, plastic covered pages...what's your point?

No comments: