Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Prayer Shawl is Done, New WIP, don't forget the poll!


Well, I finally finished Gloria's Prayer Shawl. I hope and pray she will feel God's love and comfort wrapped around her. I'll get it off to Oklahoma today.
These are the photos I took while it was blocking. The pattern can be found at Elann.com-Pacific Waves Shawl.
I cast on a new project yesterday. It's the Camo Earflap Hat from Knitty Gritty. Josh and I were watching one day, and he thought it would be a cool hat to wear for the Chicago trip in December. (His Orchestra was invited to the Midwest Orchestra Festival-a big deal!) Since we live in AZ, and he won't get a lot of wear out of it later, I substituted the called for yarn with something a little more economical. It's knitting up fast!! My first hat, and I like the progress so much, I doubt it will be my last! Here's what I got done yesterday:

The yarn color is "Woodsy." There will be a bright orange border, pom-pom and tassels (a sort of "hunter's" theme.) I will be using "Pumpkin" for those. I find it funny that Josh wants these, since he's such a tasteful guy, normally, but he's going kitschy for the trip.
There are 10 days left to vote in the tea poll-if you aren't a tea drinker, there's a place for you, too!!! I leave you with a cool tea quote:
Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company. ~Unknown

No comments: