Friday, November 16, 2007

LYS trip today....

So, I had a Dr.'s appointment today in Tempe...about 20 minutes or so from the house. How lovely that this particular Dr. is close to my favorite LYS-Tempe Yarn & Fiber. I do some shopping online, but there's nothing quite like touching and seeing the yarns in person. The lovely thing about TYF is that Terry and Fred even encourage fondling! The only no-no is drooling, wouldn't want to felt the wool, you know! They are so gracious and helpful. Of course, I fell in love with a bunch of yarn I really can't afford right now...but restrained myself to two skeins of Nature Spun Sport...I want to make the "New England" socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. The pattern calls for Koigu Merino...not in my price range, and all my fingering yarns in my stash are too fine a gauge. I bought a tan color-almost a light brown, really, called Bev's Bear. I thought it would show the stitch pattern nicely.

I also stopped by another LYS on my way home, as they carry Elsebeth Lavold's books, and TYF doesn't. They didn't have the one I want, but will call me when it comes in. It's her 13th book, which I want for a pattern I saw in an ad in the Vogue Knitting 25th anniversary issue-it's called "Grove," and it's really beautiful! Yet another pattern to add to my ever-growing queue on Ravelry!!! I don't know how I'll ever knit all the patterns I fall in love with...or find patterns for all the yarns I fall in love with!!! Every knitter's delimma, I suppose.

No comments: