Friday, November 23, 2007

No shopping for me today! Take my tea poll!

I know lots of Americans are out shopping the "Black Friday" bargains. Me, I'm home, putting fun stuff on this blog. As you can see, I've put a countdown to Christmas up!


Also, there's a poll to the right and down a bit. I have my little "What's in My Pot Today" blurb up, and I got to wondering what's in everyone else's. So take a sec to vote! Although I have a pot of the Irish Breakfast every morning, my afternoon cup can vary. Right now I'm sipping on a double-bergamot Earl Grey, with a bit of Splenda in it. It smells wonderful, and is really satisfying.


We had a lovely Thanksgiving, with the four of us, our nephew and his wife and two boys, and our niece, Cassie, who lives with us. Tabitha, Mat's wife, made a yummy pecan oatmeal pie, and I made pumpkin pie, of course. We had turkey with all the trimmings and it was fun to have baby Austin and his brother, Brennan, who is 3. Though I'm in the midst of a pretty decent fibro flare, I was glad to have us all together. I think Thanksgiving may be my favorite holiday, less commercial and more family and God-focused.


I was pretty pooped from all the cooking, so I didn't really get any knitting done, although I've begun the heel-flap on my pink socks today. I'm hoping to get to the heel-turn by tonight, and finish them by the end of the weekend.


I bound off the prayer shawl, it just needs washing and blocking, then I'll send it off to Oklahoma. That leaves me with 3 WIP's. Josh wants a hat for the orchestra trip to Chicago, so I may have to put aside the others for now and get that done. I'd like to do a scarf to go with it. He wants the camouflage ski hat from Knitty Gritty on DIY. I will probably substitute an inexpensive yarn for the Lorna's Laces that the pattern calls for, since we live in the desert, and he won't wear it much after the trip. I know Bernat makes a camouflage yarn, so that's probably what I'll use. I might even brave a trip to Joann or Michael's to pick it up this weekend!

No comments: