Monday, January 07, 2008

A weekend filled with family and knitting! My 2008 knitting plan so far...

This past weekend was really lovely, we had family in from California. Lots of good visiting, shopping and eating WAY too much. Just my kind of fun! My Aunt Susan, a crafty lady, brought me a big bag of yarn and another bag filled with knitting books and patterns!! I was especially excited to get 2 books that have been on my wish list: The Knitting Experience Book One: The Knit Stitch by Sally Melville, and A Treasury of Magical Knitting by Cat Bordhi. There were lots more goodies, too.
I also got a lot done on my Log Cabin Moderne. I finished the second color block, and later last night started the third. Here are some photos, both front and back:








I'm really enjoying the process on this project. It's very simple, just knit, knit, knit. Yet I don't seem to be bored at all. It's great for when the T.V. is on, and I get to change colors before I tire of it. Of course, that may change when I get to the larger blocks, though I hope not. It's making a very nice fabric, and should be warm and soft. I also happen to love the colors! Plus it's just beginning to drape across my lap a bit, and seems to have met with feline approval, Milo even gave it a purr!

As soon as it's to bulky to travel, I plan to cast on my New England socks from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush.

My 2008 projects:

1. Log Cabin Moderne (underway) for me
2. Babette Blanket for Naomi
3. New England Socks for me
4. Rambling Rows Afghan for Cassie (one for me, too, but that'll have to wait!)
5. Throw (pattern undetermined) for Nicole and Lance (a wedding gift)
6. Curve of Pursuit Afghan for me
7.-11. Socks in Ravelry queue for me...I'd like to do at least one pair every other month
12. Log Cabin Afghan (similar to Joseph's Blankie of Many Colors in MDK) for Brennan

Some 2008 resolutions:
1. Organize craft room
2. Downsize yarn stash (both through knitting and trading/selling)
3. Be more consistent in home duties (housework, cooking)
4. Get back to some type of exercising
5. Have that yard sale I've been talking about for 6 months!

That's about all the resolution-y stuff I can handle at this point.

No comments: