Friday, February 22, 2008

I know, I know, It's about time!!!

Here's the latest in the photograph series, "Cute Kitty Sleeping." I have a million, but never can resist taking one more! We were snuggling and watching the news last night! I was taking a bit of a break from knitting the handle on Char's purse. Here it is all knitted up (except for maybe 5 more inches on the handle:

Once I join the completed handle, oh, and add the pocket, it's of to the washer for felting, and then I just have to pick a lining fabric and decide on a closure. I'm thinking magnetic snap right now.

I think I managed to get a bit better lighting to show the colors. I'm happy with them, hopefully Char will be, too!

I also knitted up my first project from the Kitty Knits book. This is a mouse from the Felted Catnip Mice pattern. I couldn't wait to go out to buy yarn, so I used some leftover Paton's Classic Merino from some slippers I made a year or so ago.



Here he is pre-felt:

And while drying post-felting:





Sorry for the bad lighting. On the day of the Book Tour, I'll post him in all his stuffed, nose and eye-having glory. He was really fun and fast to knit...all in one piece. It took me maybe an hour or so to knit! Very easy and good practice on some techniques.


I'm so excited just a few days, and Ron is home from Fiji. I have a countdown to his return to the right of the posts!!!

No comments: